Friday, August 13, 2010

Exploitation Rhymes With Masturbation for a Reason

So many people have just used me for their own purposes this summer. I feel beyond messed with. I was hired to do a shitty job and was offered food coupons as payment and then given the transcript for the job by a shady courier. I'm not a student anymore. I'm out in the world. I need to be respected as a writer - not a regurgitation monkey who types shit you should be able to type yourself.

People who I thought were my friends could care less about me. It's one of those defining moments for me right now: Who is real in my life and who isn't? Time to define some lines.

Time to do things right: I'm a solid security guard right now, but I'm still applying for more career boosting positions. Until then I'm writing multiple scripts. I'm finishing and screening Hangers. And that's it. I'm done being people's whipping boy and I'm done letting people take what they want from me.

I've got too much going on to let the leeches suck me dry as I walk my path. Time to work on scripts and report that rather than people using me, getting hit by cars, and heartache.

Time for art therapy and to bring the real people into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment